DIY Family Hub
Have you tried eleventy-hundred different planners for meals/movements/life admin?
Do you get a perverse sense of satisfaction when you see things itemised in lists?
Do you like to appear organised, even if you’re probably eating toast for the 3rd night in a row?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these statements, then the Fam Hub is for you. It’s a place where all of the important stuff you want to manage comes together.
In the US they call these “Command Centers” which sounded frankly terrifying to me. Our place is more ‘madness’ than ‘military precision’, but I love the concept. The beauty of the Fam Hub is that you can tailor it to suit your own needs - kids or no kids, your choice of planners and in your own personal style. Check out Pinterest for more inspo.
My pre-schooler has a much more active social life than anyone else in our house, which is why he gets his own column in the planner...Now it’s easy to plan our lives around his many and varied social outings.
- Kmart Vinyl Adhesive Chalkboard Roll $3 x 2
- Kmart Bamboo Medium & Narrow Drawer Tidy $3.25 x 3
- Kmart Double Sided Tape Roll $3 x 1
- Kmart 4 Pack Liquid Chalk Markers $6 x 1
- Officeworks POSCA Poster Marker White 0.7mm $3.67 x 1
- Command Hook (for calendar) $13.99 for a 3pk
- The 19cm diameter cork boards are the Ikea HEAT Pot Stands $3.99 for a 3pk
- Decals OR alphabet stickers OR use your POSCA marker to write. All three options look great. I made the decals on my Cricut, but check out Spotlight and Kmart for their huge range of alphabet stickers.
- A tea towel for smoothing our the vinyl and any bubbles
- A ruler
- A measuring tape
S T E P S T O F O L L O W
Click/swipe through the reel for the "how-to":