DIY Hand Wash + Body Wash
This isn’t the type of project I thought I’d be doing on nestï - 4 weeks ago I was planning all of the Easter projects I’d be posting right now.. many are just no longer relevant (Easter table settings, entertaining and family gift bags 😩) This week I’m making my own hand wash and body wash because I haven’t been able to find any at the supermarket for the last 3 weeks 😳
I managed to buy a few types of bar soap and then I wondered how hard it would be to make my own liquid soap. There are basically two options: one you make from scratch using several hard-to-find ingredients...and another one using just 2 (or 3) ingredients 🙌🏻 It makes so much and is really inexpensive 👌🏻
Needed (Hand Wash):
- 120g / 4oz bar of soap. I used Dettol Parents Approved Citrus 3 pack $4.60 ($1.53 a bar) from Coles
- 8 cups of water
- 1 tbsp glycerine - optional to moisturise your hands. Usually you can buy it from the supermarket for under $10 near the vitamins/medicines. However since the WHO recommended using glycerine in their hand sanitiser recipe (as an alternative to Aloe Vera gel) it’s been flying off the shelves. I happened to have some already but I can see a few places online you can still buy it - eg $7.50 for a 200ml bottle SuperPharmacy
Needed (Body Wash):
- The same ingredients as above, only this time use 6 cups of water instead of 8. This will give a thicker/creamier mixture.
- For the kids body wash, I used the Baby Goat Baby Soap Bar ($3.70 Coles) as my boys have sensitive skin. This body wash would be suitable for babies. Note the bar is slightly smaller at 100g but it was still fine with 6 cups of water.
- For the adult body wash, I used the Koi Green Tea & Shea Butter Soap 100g $3.00 Coles.
- Pot that can hold at least 8 cups of water
- Large spoon for stirring
- Large bowl (1 per mixture)
- Small Pyrex measuring jug
- Funnel (I bought a 3pk from Kmart Australia for $1.50)
- Electric beaters
S T E P S T O F O L L O W
Click/swipe through the reel for the "how-to":