DIY Terracotta Gift Wrap
This is a super simple one 👌🏻
I love using kraft paper for gift wrapping (remember my Christmas wrapping from last year?👇🏻) It’s really versatile and I love the natural colour base it creates. Also, regular gift wrap is more expensive and I always have a huge roll of kraft paper on hand!
My Instagram feed is flooded with terracotta and blush tones at the moment 😍 I’ve also seen a few great DIY projects using terracotta paint from Geneva Vanderzeil and The DIY Decorator lately. That got me thinking about adding terracotta paint to a project I’ve been planning for a while (stay tuned - that one’s few weeks away) - so I picked some up last month and it’s just been waiting for me to use it.
I needed gift wrap and decided to play around with some of this paint. Really, regular paint would work just as well - I just loved the colour and wanted to see how the texture would turn out when dry. The paper with more paint crinkled a bit more than the small rainbows - but overall I was happy with how it turned out.
- Kraft paper. Mine was a a 600mm x 50m roll from Officeworksfor $19.99
- Megatreat 350ml Liquid Terracotta Paint $12.58 Bunnings Warehouse Australia
- White acrylic paint - mine was an old $5 sample pot from Bunnings Warehouse Australia
- Brushes. I used a 5pk of Super-Grip Brushes from Kmart Australia.
- Optional - I used some Raffia Trim $3 from Kmart Australia as an additional finish.
S T E P S T O F O L L O W
Click/swipe through the reel for the "how-to":