Doll's Bassinet Hack
This was first done a few weeks ago by the very clever The DIY Decorator 🙌🏻👌🏻 Since then, it’s been going crazy on allll the Kmart Australia hack pages.
I’ve jumped on the wagon too because it’s suuuuper cute and I couldn’t resist. I made this for my gorgeous friend’s two-year-old. She’s about to become a big sister, so this bassinet should be good practice ❤️ I think it’s nice to give something to the older sibling when bub arrives, as there’s always such a big focus from visitors on the new baby. Hopefully this will provide a bit of distraction too 🤣
The bassinet base is actually a plant stand from Kmart Australia, with a mattress and linen added ✔️
- Woven Plant Stand - $19 Kmart Australia
- Tontine Foam Fill 500 x 500 x 100 mm - $25 Spotlight Stores(Note: there is enough to make 2 mattresses if needed)
- Fabric - I used 2 types (one for the blanket, one for the sheets + pillow). Both were from Spotlight Stores. For the blanket: crinkle cotton in pink, 0.5m $8.50. For the pillow/sheet: Patterned floral cloth 1m $11.20. I doubled over the fabric as I didn’t want the yellowish colour of the foam to show through, so you could do half of these quantities if you wanted.
- Hobby Fill stuffing for the pillow - $7 Spotlight
- I used a sewing machine (please note my skills are BASIC and pretty much limited to Year 8 Home Economics 🤣😳). If you don’t want to sew, you could do what The DIY Decorator did and use a hot glue gun. I’ve got a few other suggestions in my story, too 👆🏻
- Sharp kitchen knife
S T E P S T O F O L L O W
Click/swipe through the reel for the "how-to":