'Dried Flower' Wreath
Dried flowers are no longer relics of the 70s or the domain of kitschy crafts. This year has seen a massive resurgence in dried floral arrangements that complement neutral colour schemes and styling.
I used inverted commas for ‘dried flowers’ when describing this project because they’re actually all artificial in this wreath. Plus it’s mostly foliage, not flowers (probably should’ve called this project ‘Artificial Dried Foliage Wreath’ 🤷🏼♀️)
You can use real dried flowers if you like - I just took a shortcut with the artificial ones because I found it hard to find somewhere that had a good selection of the real thing and wasn’t super expensive - comment below if you have any tips! I also found a lot of places was out of stock in some of the really popular items like dried palms. Despite this I was really impressed with the quality of the artificial flowers - the level of detail they can achieve is pretty amazing!
I used an embroidery hoop for the ring as I like the natural wood colour and flatter shape. Just conceal the metal fixture underneath your flowers 👌🏻
n e e d e d :
- Arbee Round Embroidery Hoop Natural 35 cm $6.40 from Spotlight.
- Vivaldi Floral Stem 22 Gauge Wire (Gold) $3.60 from Spotlight.
A selection of dried flowers/foliage - real or artificial. I used a selection of artificial ones from 3 different places:
- Artificial Fan Stem x 2 $6.50 each from Kmart
- Dried Wildflower Bundle 60cm from $12 Spotlight
- Dried Wildflower/Poppy Bundle 60cm $9.60 from Spotlight
- Dry Look Mixed Flower Spray $9.60 from Spotlight
- Ombre Home Country Living Cotton Ball Stem $5.60 from Spotlight
- Rogue Pampas Grass Spray Natural $14.95 from Pillow Talk
- Rogue Wheat Grass Bush Natural $13.95 from Pillow Talk
- Seeding Aralia Spray White $17.95 from Pillow Talk.
*Note that supplier prices listed may differ from the time this article was published.
S T E P S T O F O L L O W :
Click/swipe through the reel for the how-to: