Modern Rainbow Tree Ornaments
Another neutral-coloured decoration for the Christmas tree 🌲
I tried making this a few different ways and finally (after a few failed attempts) found a way that worked best 🥳 The twine that creates the rainbow shape has the tendency to pull/curve, even after being glued down. So whatever backing you stick the twine to must be strong enough to withstand the pulling or else the rainbow will end up twisted/warped. I tried paper and cardboard but these warped, so I ended up using a sheet of thin craft plywood from Spotlight for the backing, which did the trick 🙌🏻
n e e d e d :
- Taskmaster 40m N'Viro Tie General Purpose Tie Cord $8 from Bunnings
- Craftsmart Plywood Sheet 2mm, 300 mm x 300 mm $5.50 from Spotlight
- Hemp Look Cord - Natural $3 from Kmart (or any string for hanging the rainbow)
- Wooden beads. I used some from a Kmart 1.8m Bead Garland $2.50 that I cut up - you could always buy a smaller pack of wooden beads from Spotlight.
- Megatreat 350ml Liquid Terracotta Paint $12.58 from Bunnings
- White acrylic paint
- Glue gun and glue sticks
*Note that supplier prices listed may differ from the time this article was published.
S T E P S T O F O L L O W :
Click/swipe through the reel for the how-to: